Monday, January 18, 2010

A Bit More Prep

We spent a good part of the second weekend in January getting things a bit more prepped for Radish's arrival. Amanda and I made our first venture to Babies R Us to stock up on some essentials (note that Dave did his daddy duties by straightening up the backyard and basement). Radish's dresser now has the necessary diaper supplies on hand, our kitchen cupboards have a few bottles in store so that Dave can help out with feeding him, and the crib finally has a mattress and a sheet. Practical matters aside, we also added a few more decorations to Radish's nursery.


A squirrelly scene above the changing table.


Dave takes over the meadow scene under the window. Let it be known for the record that this took place during the Packers game (yes, that one, against the Cardinals).



Dave insisted on a belly shot right as I was headed to bed. Indeed, being nearly nine months pregnant can be a bit wearing on a girl. I'm feeling great, but have noticed that heaving this watermelon around is somewhat exhausting by the end of the day. My newfound indulgence is going for a swim a few times a week. Both Radish and I love the bouyancy of the water (and I love the looks I get when I waddle in in my swimsuit!).

My last visit to the doctor, about two weeks ago, showed that Radish is progressing right on schedule in terms of my belly size and weight. Dr. Block said "it sounds like he's having a good ol' time in there," while taking his heartbeat, which I interpret as "his heart is healthy and strong." I'll start seeing Dr. Block every week now, until Radish is born - I'll try to keep you all updated as we anticipate his due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment