Saturday, January 30, 2010

Movin'

My 37.5 week appointment with Dr. Block provided more indications that Radish is prepping for his debut! She estimated that I am 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced -- not necessarily indications that I'll go into labor soon, but evidence that my body is getting ready. She did not change his estimated due date (2/14 - so soon!), but I'm OK with that. I wouldn't mind a little more time to prepare!

Speaking of prepping - Dave and I took a newborn care class this morning, which was, as we've found with all classes so far, very helpful. Turns out that Dave is a pro at swaddling, but it looks like I may be better off taking over the bathing duties. We have yet to determine who has more talent when it comes to diaper changing.

I'm looking forward to my last week of work this week - February 5th will be my last day until my anticipated return in June. Originally I had thought that I would work up until February 12th, but due to some of the more arcane rules of my short-term disability plan, I'm better off taking more time off. I have NO problem with that, especially as it gets harder to sleep with this basketball on my belly.

Here's a pic taken about a week ago (so yes, I'm a bit bigger now!):
And here's a pic of Dave and Worden, worn out from all of the baby prep:

Love and hugs to all,
Alyssa, Dave, Radish, and Worden




No comments:

Post a Comment